Home Inspex is locally owned and operated by Eric Babcock, a Certified Home Inspector, and he performs the inspections.
- B.S. degree from Virginia Commonwealth University in Science with a track in Environmental Studies.
- Commonwealth of Virginia State Certified Home Inspector, #3380-000231
- Commonwealth of Virginia State Licensed Mold Inspector #3387-000094 (when it was state regulated)
- Level 1 Certified Thermographer #7681 by the Infraspection Institute
- Certified by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Previously Certified Mold Inspector (CMI) and Certified Mold Assessor (CMA) by Environmental Solutions Association.
- Past President of the Central Virginia American Society of Home Inspectors (CVASHI). Previously held positions include Vice President, Secretary, Librarian and was a member of the Board of Directors.
- Member of the Virginia Association of Real Estate Inspectors (VAREI)
- Inspector Training Associates graduate.
- Approved construction draw inspector.
- HUD (Housing and Urban Development) approved inspector, ID # W915.
- Habitat for Humanity volunteer.
- Previous Treasurer for the Richmond Chapter of the Association of Facility Engineers.
- Passed National Home Inspector Exam, ASHI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics exams.
- Six years proud service in the U.S. Army Reserves.
- In his free time Eric enjoys skydiving, and has completed over 3,400 (successful skydives, including the VA State record 88 way formation.